So the battle packs are finally here. Have you been tearing and ripping those packs open, hoping to pull the cards you have been waiting for?
I know we were excited when we opened some battle packs at YCS Philly, which happened to be the world premier of these packs. You can see what we pulled here:
While opening packs, keep in mind that there are a ton of good cards that were reprinted. Some cards that are banned and can only be played in a battle pack format. Cards like Pot Of Greed, Snatch Steal, Harpies Feather Duster. Finally I get to play with some of these old time favorites that will never come off the ban list.
Then there are reprinted cards that we all can use in the current format.
In my opinion, here are the 10 best reprints from battle pack epic dawn:
- Doomcaliber Knight – He hasn’t been seen since Gold Series 4 last year. Now we get another chance at getting this game changing monster. If you are lucky, you might even pull a star foil version
- Skill Drain – This card has become very powerfull with all the effect monsters running wild. This card was printed some time ago and is some what hard to find. It’s nice to be able to get another chance at pulling one.
- Snowman Eater – This card is in most everyones side deck or main. This is an even harder find since it was really only realeased one in standard packs. If you were lucky enough to get your hands on some turbo packs, you might have got one. But other than that, you has to pray to find someone that had extras. Now you can get one easier. Get ready to see this card in everyone side.
- Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon - Finally we all have a better chance of getting this secret rare card. With the addition of several cards in the format, we are able to bring out rank 5 monster a bit easier. Great addition to extra decks.
- Tiras, Keeper of Genesis – The other secret Xyz monster that will be seeing much more play. Having a way to get your hands on it is great. This is actually one of the cards I pulled as a starfoil. Funny it’s the only copy I have of this card. I never got it as a secret.
- Gorz the Emissary of Darkness – This was a long needed reprint. It was only released as a special card in bundle pack some time ago. Now we can get our hands on him and put him in our decks. Now we all have to fear an open field.
- Forbidden Lance – If you haven’t realized the power of this card yet, you will when it’s being played on you. This was one of the cards I was really happy to see in this set. We all now have to wonder if our opponents back row is going to be able save is monster in battle or from our spell/trap cards.
- Forbidden Chalice – Now this is another card I was happy to see reprinted. Now everyone will be able to play this card either main deck or in the side. You no longer need to dish out the $15 – $25 for this card. Plus this card is not one of the rares, but a common. So you most likely will be able to pull one a bit easier.
- Fiendish Chain – This is one of the cards that got a lot of hype when the set was first announced. Funny, this card is not being played as much, but I’m sure cause of it being reprinted we are going to see this card played more often. A great reprint and one that I am looking to get my hands on.
- Tour Guide From the Underworld – This is by far the most anticipated reprint in the past couple of years. We all can finally get our hands on a play set of this amazing card. This is what makes all of us want to buy battle packs. Now that people are able to get their hands on this cards, be prepared to see it being played by everyone. So be prepared to see people, that couldn’t afford this card before, running it in thier deck.
These are my pick of the best reprints in this set. What do you think are the best? Let us know what you think below.
Keep playing good Yu-Gi’s!