Coming out on May 10, 2011 is the next installment in the Nintendo DS Yu-Gi-Oh 5D World Championship series – Over the Nexus.
Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus pits duelists against each other in epic battles both on the streets and on the duelist field. Beginning in the deserted city of Crash Town, Toru and the main character dream of traveling to New Domino city to do battle in the World Racing Grand Prix.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011 offer players the ability to battle with over 4,200 cards and compete in duel runner battles with up to 3 teammates. Including updated duelist screens for faster battles and new features for beginner duelists like deck diagnostics and in battle assistance.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011 includes the ability to battle friends or foes via Wi-Fi connection anywhere in the world and live leader boards. Amp up the dueling action in the most robust Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s game ever!
- Duel with more than 4,200 of the most up to date Yu-Gi-Oh! cards including Storm of Ragnarok that was just released a couple of weeks ago. Can you say Legendary Six Samurai....
- Original storyline created and torn from the highly successful Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s animated series on Cartoon Network
- Race duel runners and do battle in the World Racing Grand Prix
- Duel Puzzle Editor allows players to post questions and answers via Wi-Fi connection while gaining points and rankings
- Deck Diagnostics offer players the opportunity to have the game evaluate and help build a stronger deck
- New features for beginner duelists include in game tutorials, deck structuring tutorials and assistance as well as a “next move” option when a player doesn’t know what to do next
- Replay features offer the ability to save a duel once completed so duelists can go back, review and study the last battle to hone their skills and even see the moves the computer made
- Battle anyone, anywhere, anytime via Wi-Fi connection and compete in weekly duel championships each with new rules and live leader boards
- Includes 3 exclusive trading cards in pack: (Necro Fleur, Sorciere de Fleur and Z-One)
I just pre-ordered my copy from GameStop.com with In-Store Pickup. It cost $29.99 but I’m saving on the shipping with the in-store pickup. So on that Thursday morning I’ll be speeding to get my hands on this one.
Before I pre-ordered it from GameStop.com, I was searching other places that had it. If you can’t pre-order from GameStop.com, I know Amazon has it for $29.96 + FREE Shipping. But they would ship it out on Thursday. So I didn’t choose them since, like I said before, I can pick it up that day.
But if Amazon works for you, here is the latest price they have it for:
No matter where you pre-order it from, GameStop.com or Amazon, you just have to get. Especially since it records your duals and you can see where you misplayed. Create your current deck and play it against anyone in the world via Wi-Fi. I just can’t wait!!!
Check out some video screen shots of the Asain version
Are you just as excited as I am to get your hands on this game? Let me know what you think with a comment below.